Making a claim
If you need to make a claim, contact your insurer as soon as possible and ask them to send you a claim form. They may be able to email this to you to speed things up. Complete the claim form carefully and keep a copy for yourself, uploading to unadox service.
Check the following things before you send off your claim:
- you’re within the time limits for making a claim
- you’re covered for what you’re claiming for
- how much the excess is. The excess is the amount of money that your insurer will take off the claim. It may not be worth making a claim if the amount you’re claiming for is less than this
- the small print. Make sure there’s nothing in the terms and conditions that prevents you from claiming
- whether it’s a new for old policy. If it isn’t, the amount you get for items you’re claiming for will be less than the cost of replacing them. This is because the insurer takes off money for wear and tear. Continue reading